Graduation Ceremony Ideas
Prepare for your graduation ceremony so you are not stressed and can enjoy this most important day!
Here are some ideas to prepare you for graduation day:As soon as you get your high school graduation gown, take it out of the plastic bag and hang it up.
- To get the wrinkles out of the graduation gown, you can hang it in a steamy bathroom for 15-20 minutes.
- If that doesn't work, you can iron it VERY CAREFULLY! Do not burn a hole through it! Place a towel over the gown and iron on low heat. Hang it up immediately.
- Do this early so you are not stressed around graduation time.
- The tassel hangs on the right side of the cap before graduation.
- Wear appropriate clothing under the graduation gown. Your high school may have specific instructions on what to wear, so check with them. Graduation attire is usually:
- Boys wear nice slacks, shirt, tie and nice shoes.
- Girls wear a dress and nice shoes, but don't wear too high of heels or you won't be able to walk.
- Leave EARLY for the graduation ceremony so you can get a good seat and good parking. If your high school is big, get there at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours before the graduation ceremony starts to get a good seat.
- Try to save seats for family members that are running late.
- You can bring flowers for your graduate to give after the ceremony.
- Take lots of pictures of your graduate in their graduation gown during the graduation ceremony and also after the ceremony with family and friends.
"There is a good reason they call these ceremonies commencement exercises. Graduation is not the end; it's the beginning." ~Orrin Hatch
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss